Collection SummaryFather Dunlea established Boys Town. On 1 August 1939 four teenage lads moved into a ramshackle rented weatherboard cottage – dubbed ‘Boys’ Town’ – on the corner of Glencoe and Flora Streets in Sutherland. Later, in 1941, Boys Town was relocated to it's current home at Engadine, where it is now known as Dunlea Centre.BiographyThomas Dunleas was born in 1894 in Ireland. He was one of 11 children to parents Michael and Bridget. He was ordained in 1920 the same year he travelled to Australia. In 1934 he moved to Sutherland. On arrival he traded his motor car for a white ex race horse to help him travel around the area. As part of his pastoral work he established a home for boys which he later moved to Engadine. Father Dunlea died in 1970 after years of good work in the Sutherland Shire. He was buried at Boys Town.